Search This Blog

Monday 29 October 2012

The number three

Younger daughter is off to a fancy dress party where the theme is the number 3 or zero - obviously a 30th birthday celebration - and for 3 friends.
With nothing better to do as still home and waiting for the virus to run its course I set about thinking about things in my life in threes:

3 children
3 favourite films - Gigi, High Society, Star Wars Episode 4
3 current favourite living authors - Anne Tyler, Richard Russo, Margaret Atwood
3 books at the side of the bed - by Richard Ford, Alexander McCall Smith and Ceri Radford
3 lots of knitting on the go - all log cabin blankets
3 top drinks - decaffeinated tea, elderflower presse, badoit rouge
3 countries I visit most often - France, Canada, US
3 best boxed sets - The Wire, Treme, House
3 cheesy films I love - Love Actually, Batteries not included, Sweet Home Alabama
3 cities I have lived in - Manchester, Chester, Nottingham
3 best ways with smoked haddock - kedgeree, au gratin, poached with asparagus
3 of my desert island discs - God only knows - Beach Boys, Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen, Always on my mind - Pet shop boys
3 versions of Always on my mind on my iPod - by the Pet shop boys, Elvis and Willie Nelson
3 girls' names I didn't give my children but might have done - Harriet, Jemima, Rebecca
3 favourite bakes - Hummingbird bakery chocolate brownies and carrot cake, my own gingerbread
3 things I can see - a log burning in the fire, fairy lights on the mantlepiece, a photo of my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment