Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Jessica's dresser

Jess celebrated a significant birthday in August and, as part of her birthday present, I bought her an old dresser from my cousin, Julie. Julie has been remodelling her home and the dresser was no longer required. It needed a little TLC but I knew that Jess would relish that prospect.

The original dresser:

It fitted into the kitchen - something I had been just a little concerned about. The colour certainly didn't go.
Jess had wanted a dresser for some time to display her collection of old crockery - much of it retrieved from the home of her late grandparents. This collection had been sitting here for a number of years so I was particularly happy to see her have the dresser - more space here for me!

Some trips to a DIY store and a considerable amount of work resulted in this:

It looks pretty good and she is delighted. A picture of her grandparents has pride of place and many of the items are well known to me from childhood.

I now want a dresser myself. Never thought I would but I know just the place and I know what I would like to display too- on the look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment