Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 May 2014

More finished "move" knits

I like knitting and I don't really object to sewing up but I find sewing on buttons a pain. To begin with there is the finding of appropriately sized buttons, and in the right colour. Then there is the frustration of needing 6 buttons when they come on a card of 5. Then it is buying the buttons and putting them on one side ready to sew on when the item is finished - and not remembering where that one side is.
Today I sewed on the buttons to two of the baby cardigans I had been knitting during the house move. I bought the same buttons for both which was great as 14 buttons were needed and there were 5 on a card so only one left over. Pretty sparkly buttons too and green which matched the two cardigans. I only had to unpick 3 or 4. I never seem to get the spacing right, even if I count the rows in between and match up with the buttonholes as I am going along. I have tried many techniques including starting at the top and the bottom and hoping that by the time I get to the middle there is enough space left for the final button. These don't look too bad if you don't look too closely.


No comments:

Post a Comment