Search This Blog

Saturday 16 August 2014

My knitting addiction

II think I am suffering from a serious case of startitis but, thankfully, I am actually trying to finish what I start. Dawn and Peter got engaged a few weeks ago so a log cabin blanket was in order as an engagement present. Dawn selected some colours and I completed one of the brightest and loveliest log cabins I have made in a while.
Then there is still the baby knitting to do for Tor's baby. We don't know if this will be a boy or girl and, as I have a bit of a stock of girl appropriate cardies, I went for a beautiful, traditional, blue little jacket. It is in 4 ply and soft and silky. I am delighted with the result.
Obviously, having used up some of the stash - well that isn't quite the truth as I bought in the yarn for the log cabin specially to get the colours Dawn wanted, I was tempted by more yarn on my travels and found this lovely chunky in Shaws in Cardiff. Shaws is a traditional Drapers and they have a good selection of cheap wool and some patterns you don't tend to see elsewhere. I bought the yarn with no real,plan but a pretty simple sweater looks great.
A further shopping trip - to buy food, involved a bit of a wander and I came across a wonderfully stocked wool and craft shop in a market complex. I now have some 4 ply bamboo cotton - inspired by the little blue number and some more baby yarn added to the ever growing boxes full of stash - 5 in the bedroom, 2 in the sitting room, one in the music room......I think that I have to stop this buying compulsion.
However, I was tempted to do some organising so now I have this system:
Box one - current log cabin on the go
Box two - new baby yarns - 4 ply patterns
Box three - double knitting stash for log cabins
Box four - odd double knitting for random log cabins
Box six- beautiful wool - bamboo, Noro, alpaca....for special,projects
Box seven - chunky - for various cowichan a
Box eight - speciality yarns for toys, needles, works in progress

Oh - and box nine - I forgot about that one - cottons.
And box 10 - in the guest bedroom - some half finished chickens, but this is a small box. All the others are huge!!



No comments:

Post a Comment