Search This Blog

Friday 31 October 2014

My absolutely favourite kind of knitting - ever!

I love knitting - that is probably the biggest understatement I could ever make, but it is true. I am passionate about yarn, patterns, works in progress, finished items, stashes of wool, little rolled up balls of leftover yarn, books about knitting, blogs about knitting, wool shops, blogs by little wool shops, online wool shops, boxes around the house stuffed with half made items, patterns and yarns ready to start new items, log cabin blankets in progress, baskets of items I should finish but have to just begin something else......and one something else I just started, and finished is a little Cowichantype jacket for Noah.
I love chunky jackets for kids. Probably because that is how I was dressed by my grandmother as a child - and I still have the jackets! A couple of years ago I made myself two Cowichans and have worn them until they now look a bit on the shabby side. I wanted to make something similar for Noah and found a suitable pattern which just needed a little bit of adaptation - buttons for a zip mainly. I had a first attempt at the pattern in the smallest size and Noah's little cousin now seems to enjoy wearing this one and now I have made one for Noah and I am thrilled with the result. The dark grey was a yarn I bought to make something for myself but never did and the red I bought on a whim one day when I was in Cardiff. The other colours were end of balls. I want to knit more of the same but know very few children of the right age and I'm not sure Noah will want a selection! Charity maybe but I really want to see these jackets worn - they remind me of a simpler life.


No comments:

Post a Comment