Search This Blog

Saturday 14 April 2012

Quite what to do?

A new wool shop has opened today and I just had to pay a visit. I actually do need some wool. I am coming to the end of  the Flaming June log cabin and have run out of the dark brown. The original wool was bought in a shop some 3 hours' drive from where I am today so I thought I'd take a look around the local wool shops here to see if I could find a ball of the require yarn. Sadly not but I did buy some beautiful new baby alpaca:
I didn't actually need the baby alpaca in the same way that I needed a ball of the brown acrylic, in fact I didn't need it in any way at all. I did, today, finish a baby bamboo cardigan
and there is nothing I can do with the Flaming June until I get the ball of brown but it is not as if I have nothing to knit. I decided to just take a little look at the current works in progress or about to be cast on or " that will be good for" projects and, well, I will admit to a bit of a current addiction.
The Flaming June
The green log cabin which has somehow lost its momentum
The box in the sitting room which contains half finished:
Baby jacket
socks
mini christmas stockings for advent calendar
dolls clothes
baby hats
scarf
Regia wool for socks
Bamboo cotton for 3 baby cardigans
oddments for odd projects

Some Debbie Bliss, Rowan, Phildar etc for non specifc, possibly baby type projects.

Hand was shaking by now - the Knig cole riot, lots of Sirdar Snuggly and yet more baby yarn......

Quite specific Marriner for, yet another, log cabin, some dishcloth yarn and lots of baby 3 ply; a bag of oddments
The bag containing all the yarn, new needles and pattern for my Cowichan.

Of course I didn't need the baby alpaca but it is lovely and a great colour. Quite what to do now though? To finish one of the started projects? I had intended to make a few mini Christmas stockings each month so that, come December, I am not saying - well it will do for next year. I have  had Jessica's socks on the needles for some time and - the photograph I somehow forgot to take - Charlie's cardigan. Now I have so little of that to do - half a front and a front band. What is it that makes me forget about that delightful piece of work? The Cowichan will free up  the biggest space - it is one large bag full of chunky wool but it is a major project and another baby cardigan will only take me today. There is not a lot left to do on the green log cabin and the socks would be a nice thing to do. Decisions. A cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment