Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 May 2012

April showers - a typical day

One of the wettest Aprils in many years seems to have moved on to a very wet first day of May. A day to stay home and get on with indoor pursuits ( after a quick coffee with dear friends!)
Knitting:

Updates:
Charlie's cardigan was finally completed a few days ago and is awaiting a visit from the said son and his approval - or not.
A baby blanket for Lucy's baby was also started and finished - this involved the purchase of more yarn in an appropriate colour and thus 2 balls of cream dk left over has joined the stash.
A little baby girl cardigan was completed - this also entailed an addition to the stash as I bought some additional Bamboo which appeared to be going cheap
A baby boy cardigan in the said Bamboo

Items on needles currently include:
Chicken teapot for Dawn - not sure if I am happy with this improvised project
Bright baby jacket
Building blocks blanket in beautiful Bamboo
The green log cabin which is now amongst the sorely neglected
The second pair of socks for Jessica which have been on needles for some considerable time now and seem to keep looking at me for movement
A green child's jumper which may be unravelled - yet more wool which was added to the stash - reduced in the new wool shop which I had to pass on my way back home from the hairdresser....

Baking:
I want to try a recipe in the latest Good Housekeeping for a special chocolate cake. The recipe calls for soured cream and I bought a tub on my way back from the coffee earlier. If it works then this will be a contribution to a wedding supper in a few weeks time.

Hens:
Sadly Kevin was taken ill a couple of weeks ago and is no longer with us. We never knew her age or provenance but she had never laid and had been looking miserable for some time. The other hens are producing some 5 or 6 eggs a day and baking would be a good idea to use up some of the supply.

Family History:
Baking and knitting are taking a back seat to the latest family history research. An e mail out of the blue put me back on the track of a Welsh family who, obligingly, left detailed wills when they died. The e mail correspondent was himself descended from two branches of my family tree who joined together in his. Enticingly he has photos of siblings of ancestors. It is one of my regrets that I have so few photographs. What I have I treasure.

Reading:
Richard Russo -The Risk Pool
Music:
The Lighthouse Trio - who I went to see on Friday - but more of them later

No comments:

Post a Comment