Search This Blog

Sunday 2 September 2012

The second Cowichan

The beginning of September seemed an appropriate time to finish my second Cowichan inspired jacket. I loved the first one so much that I bought the wool for at least 2 or maybe 3 more. This one is a beautiful, if not traditional, green and I made a smaller size than before - again I have fallen in love. There is something so comforting about a chunky, warm jacket that feels comfortable and has no designs on current styles - in a manner of speaking! I have no wish to follow trends and clothes, nowadays, are for comfort not appearance, warmth not style and entirely individual. I don't think I will ever see someone else wearing an identical jacket. Even the fastenings are quirky - some old toggles found in my grandmother's button box - no doubt from some long forgotten duffle coat - perhaps this will be setting a new trend!
For some reason I am finding it impossible to upload a photo of the this new jacket - it is green and purple and cream and fawn and beautiful!
Finally able to upload a photo - shame you cannot feel a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment