Search This Blog

Thursday 31 January 2013

The Snowman and the Snowdog

Eldest daughter texts to say that she should have commissioned a knitted Snowman or Snowdog for a young niece's second birthday. Not sure that there are any patterns, I responded. Yes, there are, she replied. Some time later I discovered the pattern for the Snowdog - in a December issue of a magazine. Some more time later is found a site to download old issues. The following day I went off I search of the yarn. If I was to make this in time for the birthday I had precisely one day. The yarn was sold out at one store, out of stock on my, usually infallible, online store and not stocked at my third port of call. They did, however, have just 2 balls of the yarn in chunky as opposed to the required double knitting. I took the risk.

12 separate and fiddly  pieces of knitting later the Snowdog emerged and I am delighted with the result. It did take the whole day to complete but is now in the hands of the Royal Mail to arrive in time. For a piece of knitting I am ridiculously pleased with the finished article. Not my usual preferred knitting but a little bit of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment