Search This Blog

Sunday 10 February 2013

Photographs of the Snowdogs

Well that's the point. I have been trying to upload photgraphs of the snowdogs for days now without success. To begin with I tried on the ipad but that seems an impossibility so I transferred the photos from the ipad to the laptop and tried again - again no joy. This time I get an error message saying invalid response from the server. Yet again I am bamboozled by technology.
Yesterday I found myself close to tears. My son, quite reasonably, asked me to scan two documents and then send them together with 2 further already scanned documents to him by e mail. Not a problem, I thought, as I sat at the computer.
Problem one - a software upgrade meant that I could not, simply, scan in the 2 documents. Never mind, there was another scanner  - wirelessly attached ( if you can say that) to the laptop. I could scan on that one. Why not scan in on the second scanner direct to the first computer? For some reason the first computer cannot see the second scanner - with me so far? It gets worse. I scanned in the documents but they didn't appear on the laptop. Yes, they appeared on the main computer - the one which cannot see the scanner yet the scanner can see it. No problem, first job done. Now to find the 2 older documents. I remembered the date of scanning. Stupidly I had not renamed them so I needed scans 3 and 4. Scans 5 onwards appeared in My documents but not 3 and 4. I had no idea why. I knew I still had the original of one of the documents so I found it and scanned it in again - on the wireless scanner and e mailed that one off. An error appeared with the e mail. I still could not find the other document. I did an advanced search and there they were - how I have no idea. I renamed them. They reappeared, were attached and sent off. It was then that I decided to try the snowdogs again. I am doing nothing any different to the times I have attached other photographs to the blog. I despair of technology - the thing that I love and which adds so much to my life - yet it frustrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment