Search This Blog

Monday 11 February 2013

I figured out a solution - sort of

Many searches for how to deal with ther error messages I kept receiving whilst trying to upload photographs of the Snowdogs revealled that I am not the only one having the problem. Many posts of forums outlining the problem but not many solutions. One suggestion was to upload as html so that is what I tried and it seems to have worked.
So much time has been wasted over the past couple of days in trying to understand technology and other things have been let slide. Last weekend I bought yet more storage for the ever growing stash - moments of weakness in the Sales, and I would like to spend some time organising myself and all my craft work. It is tempting to take over a whole room and we do have enough space. I can picture boxes of wool and patterns and needles and accessories, boxes of sewing paraphenalia, materials, embroidery silks and books of patterns, card making materials, scrapbooks and all the boxes of things waiting to be put into scrapbooks, photographs, family history research, books of Birth, Marriage and Death certificates, books about the towns and villages where relatives came from, memories from boxes from my parents, grandparents, great grandparents. Yes - I think I can fill a room - oh yes - then the 2 sewing machines and the bags and boxes of works in progress in knitting and sewing and cross stitch and scrapbooks.......
I can move a bookshelf onto an empty wall for neat storage.
There are almost enough boxes for most of the items.
There is just s slight problem with the chest full of materials - some lovely old Laura Ashley quilted material I discovered in there the other day and I don't know why my Mother had about 12 metres of white satin but I couldn't get rid of it.
Another problem is the chest of drawers full of my "stuff" too and perhaps it would be better to have a table with at least one computer and printer/scanner - so perhaps 2 rooms are needed - rather more difficult to justify but the idea of having some pleasant space with the lovely view ( I know which room I prefer) is appealling. Snow is forecast again this evening and tomorrow so maybe this is a project for a day or two indoors - progress to follow.

2 comments:

  1. You are a good writer, Dianne. I have the same problem with all my hobby 'stuff'. I guess it is time to part with some of it but right now I am concentrating on my painting...my resolution was to paint one painting per month....not kept! Get too many interruptions...but I am trying. I think I need an extra 'house' so I can store everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayann. It is so difficult to part with anything that just might have a use in the future and I really know what you mean about interruptions. My "organisation time" dissolved when the fridge freezer broke down!

      Delete