Search This Blog

Friday 22 March 2013

Using up the stash

My attempt to rationalise/tidy/organise didn't get very far. A trip to visit the daughters intervened and, surprisingly, the chaos was still here when I returned. Wool seems to be my biggest vice in terms of volume and filling 2 large boxes and 2 smaller ones still left 3 large backs and a couple of small bags. I do not seem to be able to start on new projects at the moment, or rather I start on them then give up and start something else.
The green cotton sweater - a few rows then abandoned.
The multicolour bay cardigan - back completed, nothing else started.
The Noro baby top - a few rows.
The Noro waistcoat for me - about 6 inches.
The "use up the cotton by making dishcloths project" - 6 made now bored. The fluffy log cabin - abandoned - I don't like it.
The rusts log cabin - deliberately left with the daughters.
The owls - waiting for a daughter to visit to cut out eyes.
The grey chunky cardigan - a few rows. I don't really like the pattern.
The one thing I do like to knit - well apart from that fluffy wool - is a log cabin. There is a lot of double knitting left - ball ends from various previous projects. They are taking up a lot so space in the boxes so what about a stash busting log cabin - easy, fun, no pattern to follow. Ideal.
No doubt I will get back to other projects at some point and the organisation will go ahead but in the meantime:
If only I could remember how to inset pictures again.

No comments:

Post a Comment