Search This Blog

Thursday 5 June 2014

Dishcloths as log burner knob holders

The new house has two log burners in the sitting room. I love a log burner but they are unpredictable creatures and the door knobs have a tendency to get very hot indeed. For a few days I was bringing a tea towel out of the kitchen to hold on to the hot knobs whenever I was needing to open the doors to put in yet more logs and I was pondering what might be a better solution. Something knitted seemed a good idea but what pattern and size eluded me for a while. Then I happened to find an old dishcloth which had been relegated to outdoor cleaning - garden furniture etc and I decided to give an old standard pattern a go. Grandmother's favourite dishcloth is a good design and I found that using double strands of bamboo cotton produced a sturdy decent sized cloth which, folded in two, was perfect for opening hot log burner doors. So I made two.


No comments:

Post a Comment