Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 June 2014

New house, new log cabin

Before we moved I had all these grand ideas:
We wouldn't unpack everything but have the bare minimum until everywhere could be redecorated.
We would decide on a new colour scheme for each room.
Each room would have a co ordinated look.......
So I unpacked the lot and no decorating has been done at all.
Colour schemes went out of the window - what was there would do.
Co ordination is all very well until a cold evening requires whichever blanket happens to be nearest.

I did, however, make a few decisions about the main sitting room. Our three sofas are black and the floor has grey slate tiles. The other major items of furniture are old pine. For a few weeks to these items were added random cushions - in red, blue and purple, and a couple of log cabins in purples, blues and pink. A couple of rugs were purchased in a neutral, natural colour and I found a lovely piece of linen that I had bought in New York a few years ago to make myself a dress. This piece of linen became cushion covers and provided a sort of colour scheme and a palette to sort of co ordinate some log cabins. I decided to use yarn already in the house rather than go out and buy yet more and the result is quite pleasing. I think that a second log cabin must be uniform in design instead of the randomness of this first one and maybe greens can dominate - to co ordinate with the view from the windows.







No comments:

Post a Comment