Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Finished the socks!!

Three days into the "this time I will stick to it" diet and a day spent yesterday cleaning house ( in terms of the wool pile) prompted me into action. The pesky socks were still there in the knitting box. The new projects of Charlie's cardi and the raspberry pink chickens were far more attractive prospects, as was the chunky hoodie that I had started with the wool that looked and felt beautiful but was hellish to knit with ( and that I had forgotten until I found in my cleaning mode) but the socks were still there, staring at me. I examined my motives - why was I leaving them - too difficult a pattern? boredom? the fact that Jess had actually worn the one finished sock over Christmas and seemed happy enough to wear odd socks so was there any real reason to finish the second one? I had to finish them and today, on a dark gloomy day with the wind and rain battering outside - and the hens in particular, I sat down with a cup of tea and finished the sock. I still didn't follow the pattern religiously but the result looks fairly ok, in fact the second sock looks better than the first one. I did follow the toe pattern properly this time and it does look better. I didn't do the heel as it said but even that looks better. Am I a natural sock knitter? I think not but I will not be defeated and will try again, another pattern maybe but socks of some description. I hope Jess will be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment