Search This Blog

Monday 2 January 2012

New year knitting

Family visiting for Christmas is such a delight but some things have to go on hold - knitting, family history research and private time on the computer. Someone else always seems to "need" the laptop and the tv remote control and more time is spent in the kitchen than in the sitting room. Now everyone has returned to their respective homes and a short trip away has been successfully accomplished it is me time - new knitting, laptop time and You've got Mail on ITV.
I have two major projects on the go post Christmas - noting that I still have the "other sock" to complete - the first is a cardigan for Charlie. He asked me to knit him something and we searched through my old stock of knitting patterns. There were quite a few cardigan patterns for men - mostly costing 9d which may put a date on them. He selected one, I took measurements and we went off to choose some wool. He wanted burgundy, we got green. He wanted a specific pattern, I went for a combination of 2 and have just finished the back. It is probably the largest item that I have knitted for a long time and I am not sure if I am finding it enjoyable or not. It is certainly different to my usual baby patterns or small items and the wool is difficult see in the gloom of our room but it is a project and I like a new project.
The second project is quite a delight. I had a text from my eldest daughter as I was stuck on a train between Gloucester and Cheltenham. She had been out to lunch with a friend who is getting married at Easter and they had been discussing wedding favours. The suggestion was that I could knit chickens to go over little Easter eggs - over 100 in raspberry pink - what a quirky and amusing idea - and one that will keep me occupied for some time - and an easy break from the green cardigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment