Search This Blog

Monday 26 March 2012

Knitting in the March sunshine

The log cabin for E and M has taken most of this month of March to complete and now it is done, sitting proudly on the sofa awaiting an excuse to take it down to them and I am debating what to do next. There are many options - Charlie's cardigan being at the top of the list yet somewhere near the bottom too and various other works in progress. However, today, with the sun shining, I decided to dress Chickabiddy. A simple dress and bonnet pattern would not take very long and was small enough to sit outside to complete. The green log cabin work in progress would have been too big - too many balls of wool to contend with and Charlie's cardigan, being so dark, would have been difficult to see whilst wearing sunglasses as it was, surprisingly, the kind of March weather when the wearing of sunglasses was essential. So today's project has been completed. Chickabiddy is dressed and sitting on the top of my knitting box. I cannot decided if this is a seriously weird thing to be doing. Knitting doll's clothes for a doll who was lost but now found, having a dressed doll sitting in our living room, actually admitting that this is how I have been spending my day! I imagine that I will now move her upstairs and she can be hidden away again. The husband is obviously rather disturbed by her presence and I have to accept that she is not the most attractive specimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment