Search This Blog

Friday 2 December 2011

Birthday meals

A wonderful meal at The Mint and Mustard in Cardiff to celebrate the eldest's 30th birthday. The most delicious soft shelled crab and sea bass. I am notoriously difficult when it comes to finding places to eat. Hours could be spent on holiday wandering from restaurant to restaurant second guessing where I might be reasonably happy with the menu. Nowadays I realise that life is too short not to immediately admit that I want Indian or Italian, French or a burger and last week, knowing that we would be looking for something a little special and accessible for non meat eaters I actually booked a table on line with plenty of time to spare and got it right - an excellent choice for all concerned particularly the birthday girl. Over the years I have assembled a list of "suitable places for Dianne to eat" and now we have somewhere new to add to the Cardiff list. My mother used to tell the story of when I was about 5 years old and they were attempting to find a cafe for lunch on a day out. I "allegedly" refused to go in to every place until we reached the grandest hotel in town which I declared to be quite suitable -  discerning taste from a very early age, I like to think, or just plain fussy.

No comments:

Post a Comment