Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Musing

P J Harvey well deserved winner but delightful that Gwilym was nominated as the token jazz artist.
I enjoy the simple things in life like popping round to see a neighbour and dear friend on her birthday. How does one adjust to moving to a new location away from those old friends and acquaintances made during the 30 years spent living in one place? Just how easy is it nowadays to meet that sort of new friend without the essential appendage of a baby, a school age child, a pet who needs walking ( chickens on leads?) There are so many uncertainties about uprooting. Still rather like the house in Llantwit Major but the Abergavenny one is more within the price bracket. A list of pros and cons I think.
No bookings made for Arizona as yet - waiting for confirmation of accommodation. Do many families stay so closely in touch today? The family trip will include the grandchildren of my Dad's cousins - close relatives for me, someone from a family where I have contact with the great great great grand daughter of my great grandmother's sister - just another "cousin".

No comments:

Post a Comment