Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Living, loving, leaving

I recall someone describing country music to me in terms of living, loving and leaving and whenever I am about to leave those I love the phrase comes in to my head. Life is full of useful sayings which say it all but are not always recognised as helpful at the time:
Move on
One day at a time
Live and let live
Let her/him/them/it go
Whatever will be, will be
Enough
That last one looks so strange having just typed it. Enough phrases and the term itself is a good one. Whenever something is burning away inside me just that one word is enough to pour in icy water and extinguish the fire. Holding on to destructive thoughts and feelings eats away and is never needed. Enough.
Tomorrow I leave. The leaving is temporary and I move on to others I love. My time here has been fulfilling and objectives have been met. Tomorrow brings a new day and whatever comes along with that. For the moment I have done the best that I can here and it must be enough. Today I am grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment