Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Shoes

Summer equals flip flops and winter is for boots but the agony of those inbetween times, hopefully no more than a week or two when I have to consider wearing something else on my feet. I don't like shoes. If I am completely honest I don't like to wear anything on my feet. A friend who was doing some painting here a few years ago looked at me in amazement as I wandered around barefoot inside and outside the house - nothing strange for me but he continued to comment for some time. I don't like socks nor tights and that is where flip flops and boots come in, more specifically, in the latter case, Uggs. I bought a pair of Ugg boots in New York nearly 5 years ago and I adore them. They are becoming rather worn nowadays, have had the inner soles replaced and have been through the washing machine and tumble dryer on many occasions but the sheer comfort and the fact that it is recommended that they are worn without socks. Last year I bought some proper boots from the children's department at M and S. They are the only other boots I will wear but, inevitably, I have to wear socks with them and so they are not so attractive to me. In the beginning I liked them so much that I bought another pair and my daughter has a pair too but they are not the Uggs - nor the flip flops.
Weddings are a nightmare. Finding an outfit is often difficult enough but something for the feet? I resorted to dying a pair last year as I did have an old pair of shoes that were acceptable but, green, they didn't go with the orange outfit. Now I have another wedding coming along and the anxiety begins early - what can I do about shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment