Search This Blog

Thursday 3 November 2011

Forest of Dean genealogy

Prompted by recent events I return to family history research in the Forest of Dean. For various reasons my research in this area has lain dormant for a number of years hence the need to re- register on the excellent Forest of Dean Family History site - http://www.forest-of-dean.net/
Gratitude, as ever, goes to the teams of volunteers who give their time to enable the development of resources on such sites and the advantage that brings to researchers. I was helped a number of years ago by forum members on the site in my search for the families of Savery, Giles, Pegley and Anthony to name but a few and I note continued interest in some of these families by fellow family historians. I am faced with the dilemma of not quite knowing where to start with my current surge of enthusiasm and the obvious answer is to go back to basics with all these strands and work through in a systematic way. The temptation, which I find hard to resist, is to take one line of interest and run with it but that can become rather haphazard and records are missed or filed in a slipshod way. I must try to resist the charms of the Saverys and begin, again with Jones and do the best I can today.

No comments:

Post a Comment