Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Socks - the pesky knit 2 rows

This time I decided to try patience - a good one for me to practise. I knitted in rib for 3 cm paying particular attention each time I swopped needles to make sure that I was not leaving a hole. I continued with this new patient, careful method until I reached the heel. I read the instructions - I feel the need to repeat that - I read the instructions and even looked at the diagrams and actually mastered the art of the "double stitch". All was going well - until the "k 2 rows across all stitches". To begin with I was on a purl row and secondly, or rather because I was on a purl row, I was going in the wrong direction. So I frogged back and then did the knit 2 rows, twice as it said. I then contined turning the heel with my new found skill of the double stitch but it was rather difficult to see how it would turn out until I had done a few more rows. It is not right. The pesky knit 2 rows does not seem to belong there. The heel itself, with the double stitches, looks lovely but there is this line of (orange - I am knitting stripes) knitting which does not fit in. Can I bear to frog again? I think that, this time, I am going to continue and see if I can, at least, get the toe the right way round. Jessica will still wear this sock around the house and it is still a learning experience for me. I know that I am making improvements and so, for today, I will acknowledge that this is the best that I can do and I will turn on the BBC listen again and groan at Pat Archer.

No comments:

Post a Comment