Search This Blog

Sunday 27 November 2011

Return to socks

Yesterday I completed the first sock. Today I unravelled or "frogged" it completely. The rib had been a little loose, the heel just was not right and I somehow managed to complete the toe at an incorrect 90 degree angle. Jess might have worn it and, actually, it was not uncomfortable but it was not right and there was no real reason to go with something with so many errors. I have started again - the same pattern and the same wool and needles and this time I hope that it turns out better. Perhaps the time has come to ask for some help.

1 comment:

  1. Over a year ago I too decided to learn to knit socks. Bought the double ended needles, blue Regia variegated yarn with a free pattern from John Lewis.

    I found that no way could I manage with 4 needles, was advised to try the Magic Loop method. Fortunately there are many very helpful online videos and so after many "froggings" I was able to complete the socks. Very simple pattern just stocking stitch. These socks, and the next pair I made, pinky orange yarn have been worn by me many times.

    After all my struggles husband asked me not to make any more for a while! so have used the left over yarn to make hexipuffs for the Beekeeper's Quilt, again using magic loop.

    I still would like to challenge myself again to make perhaps socks with a cable or lacy pattern.

    ReplyDelete