Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Turning the heel

Disaster - not in global terms but in Jessica's socks terms. I have continued with the knitting - inbetween ironing a few shirts but I cannot call the heel a success. I believe that I was going along the right lines until it came to "see diagram 5". I think I got lost at about:
"Rep rows 3 and 4 until the last double sts ( bearing in mind that I had not figured out the double stitches) have been worked together with  the outer sts of the centre third of the heel sts., see dia 5." I am still confused by this.
Then " Now k 2 rounds over all sts,. ( I think I did "all" sts and maybe it was meant to just be the heel stitiches?) and at ther same time, on 1st round pick up both parts of the doubles sts ( the ones I didn't do properly) together and k as for 1 st....."
I did have the correct number of stitches so whatever I did or didn't do didn't seme to matter but it got worse:
"After another 2 rounds work short rows with double sts., but in the opposite direction, thus from the inside out." At this point I decided that I must try to find another pattern
The wool is lovely, the colours are fun and I am sure that Jess will not mind the slight point in the heel - nor the holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment